Data EngineerApply now
- 4 or more years Mexico/LATAM Remote/Full time
We are looking for a software Ninjaneer to join our BI Team. In this role, you will focus on building data pipelines and infrastructure that power data science systems, tools, software, and applications for the BI team. You love building, you are familiar with python and backend frameworks. You're inquisitive and understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems to ensure a prompt and accurate flow of data throughout the company. You may be the right candidate for this position if you thrive on competing priorities and you find the diversity of the daily responsibilities of this position exciting vs overwhelming. We are looking for a go-getter that thinks like a rocket scientist and can run on quicksand to accelerate growth and provide insights to the business. In this role, you will strive to learn about business and product goals so you can design data models that empower analysis and reporting. You have experience with data modeling: you understand data warehouse modeling and have a nuanced appreciation for when and where traditional approaches work and when they don’t. You have experience developing ETL pipelines to support business data needs.
What will you do?
- Be ready to wear many hats, pitch in and remove roadblocks whenever needed. Embrace ambiguity and change. Create and implement processes and new ways of working where appropriate.
- Own projects ranging from data structure design to extraction/transformation/loading (ETL), as well as building dashboards for analysis to provide varying levels of visualizations.
- Develop and maintain databases and applications to automate real-time monitoring as well as the collection and analysis of reliability data from laboratory tests and field evaluations.
- Engage directly with customers to participate in the design and development of data needs.
- Support, monitor, execute production application jobs and processes.
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines using SQL, Python, Airflow, Kubernetes based ETL framework.
- 4 years of experience/degree in a related field.
- You are independently driven, self-directed, resourceful, and always willing to roll up your sleeves to deliver.
- You have experience developing ELT pipelines with basic datastack like Airflow and DBT.
- You have experience using cloud infrastructure tools for data (AWS Glue, AWS Redshift, Airbyte, etc. any other knowledge related to this type of tools is a plus) .
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with multiple data architecture paradigms (MySQL, MicrosoftSQL, Oracle, kafka, Spark). You have used written complex SQL queries that join across data from multiple systems, matching them up even when there was not a straightforward way to join the tables. You have experience documenting schemas and creating data dictionaries.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python. Go and/or Java (Optional).
- Proficient at ad-hoc analysis using SQL queries, python data analysis packages (e.g.Pandas, Numpy), report writing and presenting findings.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization techniques and tools using Tableau, Power BI, QuickSight.
- A natural affinity for the details of complicated systems and processes while remaining focused on the larger vision.
- You have a technical background in software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels.
- Proficient use of various analytic and reporting tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions, in-product content, customer interviews, and technical discussions .
- Competence in leading multiple projects end-to-end, setting up roadmaps for the team, and motivating the team toward executing on deliverables to achieve project goals.
- Nice to have: Life-Work integrated person (You like your Job as much as you like your hobbies). Working knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Remote work.
- Great team.
- Long-term projects.
- Grow opportunities.